- Wireless physical-layer security: non-cryptographic authentication; trust establishment; jamming and anti-jamming; device fingerprinting
- Security and privacy in dynamic spectrum sharing: crowdsourcing-based spectrum policy enforcement, secure and fair coexistence
Data Security and Privacy
- Privacy-preserving data analytics (e.g., data mining and machine learning), information-theoretic approaches to privacy
- Secure data service outsourcing: searchable encryption, secure outsourced computation
Cyber-Physical System Security
- Security in autonomous vehicular transportation
News coverage: The Epoch Times,Driverless transportation, The Atlantic, 163 Tech News (网易科技新闻), 爬车网
- Security assurance in unmanned aerial systems.
Modeling and cross-layer optimization with advanced physical layer techniques, and network/MAC protocol design
Coexistence among heterogeneous multi-hop networks, MIMO interference cancellation
Funded Research Projects
- In-band Wireless Trust Establishment Resistant to Advanced Signal Manipulations, Army Research Office, 01/01/2019 - 12/31/2021, PI (Co-PI: Loukas Lazos).
- SaTC: CORE: Medium: Collaborative: Enforcement of Geofencing Policies for Commercial Unmanned Aircraft Systems, National Science Foundation, 09/01/2018 - 08/31/2021, PI.
- SpecEES: Secure and Fair Spectrum Sharing for Heterogeneous Coexistent Systems, National Science Foundation, 10/1/2017-9/30/2020, Co-PI (with PI Loukas Lazos and Co-PI Marwan Krunz) (Project website)
- Toward High Performance Tactical Multi Hop Wireless Networks via Exploiting Antenna Reconfigurability, Office of Naval Research, 6/1/2016-5/31/2019.
- EARS: Collaborative Research: Crowdsourcing-Based Spectrum Etiquette Enforcement in Dynamic Spectrum Access, National Science Foundation, $360,000, 1/1/2015-12/31/2018, PI (Co-PIs: Ryan Gerdes and Bedri Cetiner). (Project website)
- TWC: Medium: Secure and Resilient Vehicular Platooning, National Science Foundation, 8/1/2014-7/31/2019, $1,229,923, Co-PI (PI: Ryan Gerdes) (Project website)
- CAREER: Toward Cooperative Interference Mitigation for Heterogeneous Multi-hop MIMO Wireless Networks, $489,999, National Science Foundation, 7/1/2014-6/31/2019, PI (Project website).
- CSR: Small: Collaborative Research: Towards User Privacy in Outsourced Cloud Data Services, $175,000, National Science Foundation, 10/1/2012-9/31/2015, PI.
- Proving the Possession of Multi-Owner Data in the Cloud, $2,500, Amazon AWS Research Grant, 2014-2016
We thank the generous support of: